Psychometry is the practice of obtaining an impression of an object and its owner through touch.
How Does Psychometry Work?
The key element in Psychometry is touch and there are a number of different ways you may receive the information gathered through your psychometric reading, including:
- And emotions
The process behind how psychometry works is structured around energy and vibrations. As all individuals and objects are comprised of energy, psychometry simply allows individuals to tap into the energetic imprints left on specific objects. That is, as we all touch objects, we leave imprints of our energy, known as energetic imprints.
Emotions tend to be the strongest vibrations felt by individuals practicing psychometry. Both the emotions and personalities of the owners of an object may be felt through readings.
Why would a person wish to use Psychometry?
There are several reasons to learn more about the history of an object or its owner. It can be used to seek information that is important to you within your personal life, or it can simply serve as a fun and exhilarating activity as part of your psychic development.
Sometimes, if you are receiving a Psychic reading, the reader may ask to hold an item of yours. In this case, they will be using Psychometry to ascertain the best possible reading, because energy is stored everywhere! An item such as car keys, or a mobile phone, or perhaps a pen that is always carried in a handbag may be ideal items for energy to be read from.
How to Develop Your Psychometric Abilities
Once you have found the object you wish to read, there are a number of steps you can take to put your skills into practise. Since the amount of information you receive from an object depends on the energetic imprint it has, an item that is more sentimental, or a part of their daily personal life will hold much greater success with regards to reading the item, especially if you are beginning.
This can be a fun exercise if you practise with someone, however, it is still beneficial to practise alone. Psychometry is a good stepping stone to enhance your psychic skills and is a great way to lead into other psychic areas.
- Try to have as clean as possible hands before you begin.
- Rub your hands together to develop a generous energy flow between your palms and fingers.
- Hold the object in your hands. To really give yourself a challenge, try practicing with an object that belongs – or belonged – to someone you are unfamiliar with.
- Relax. You may close your eyes if you find more clarity this way. The most important thing to do is to open your mind and senses to allow messages, or vibrations, from the object.
- Take note of your senses– what you do see? Smell? Hear? How does the object make you feel? Do you feel you need to hold the object in a certain way?
- Then ask yourself simple questions about the object (out loud or simply in your mind). Take your time and wait for anything at all to come to you. Be patient with yourself.
- Who is the owner of this object?
- What is the personality of the owner?
- Is the owner of the object alive or dead?
- What experiences has the owner lived through that have linked them to this object?
Remember that emotions are often the strongest messages received through these readings. The most common of these tend to be fear, love, and hate – evidently those that are the strongest and most intensely felt.
What are common objects that individuals tend to use for psychometric readings?
- and other objects of sentimental value (e.g. watches, collector’s items)
The most important step to successfully practicing psychometry is having faith in yourself and your intuitive abilities. Believe in yourself, to successfully extract the information you desire from the objects you cradle within your hands.
Just to let you know, our Professional readers are here by appointment, available in person at JOPO or for a quick reading you can also email us. Just click the following link to pay your deposit and book a time: http://shop.jopo.com.au/readings/